ICSB is proud to announce a new global initiative to fulfill our mission of continuing management education with the goal to promote entrepreneurship. Our program is called ICSB Global and it constitutes of state-of-the-art certificate programs. We are proud to announce the launch of the ICSB Global Certificate Program on Creativity and Innovation.
Years ago, creativity and innovation were mainly associated with art, entertainment or recreation, and only in very particular cases, it was related to the world of organizations. However, this has changed. Currently, innovation and in particular, creativity, is considered fundamental in different areas. This can be seen in a report about the future of work published by the World Economic Forum in 2016, where creativity is among the three most important skills required for 2020. This presents a serious demand that organizations have to be innovative for their own competitiveness in a global context. Furthermore, they have to create new products and services to stay relevant. Innovation is decisive with respect to the levels of competitiveness in companies, sectors and also in the economy of the countries. In today’s business, executives and organizations must carry forward professional innovation management in their particular context. In other words, each organization or entrepreneur must model their businesses in a unique combination that allows them to detect opportunities for innovation and successful execution capabilities.
Module One: Where do good ideas come from?
This online module will present a review of the most well-known theories about sources of innovation: where do good ideas come from? Can innovation be designed? Which are the characteristics of highly innovative systems and how can we replicate them and apply to our business idea? Theories will be presented through successful cases and examples from the real world based on 4 types of innovation sources:
- Innovation from marginal markets: Disruptive innovation
- Innovation from Industry: the dynamic of innovation in Industry
- Innovation from Smart collectives: Information Economy and Peer-production, innovation in online communities (open sources, makers), Open Innovation
- Innovation from tradition, history, culture, and territory
Module Two: Think like an artist: Creativity for the Design of effective products and service
The objective of this module is to present an actionable approach to the design of “beautiful” products and services. Why beauty? Because of recent and breakthrough findings in Cognitive science about how the mind perceives complexity show that the pursuit of beauty is the way our brain understands the world and makes decisions opting for the most elegant solution. In this module, we will use visual art and neuroscience to show how artists achieve elegance and translate this into a set of eight strategies that can be used to improve the design and enhance creativity.
- Entrepreneur as an artist: Innovation as the delivery of new meaning through the design of effective artifacts
- What makes a design beautiful? Lessons from Designers, Cognitive Science, and Complexity Theory
- Think like an artist: strategies to achieve elegance and simplicity in Design
Module Three: Creativity and Design thinking: how to design effective Organizations
A visual, design thinking approach is applied in this module to the design of effective organizations as well. A new venture is an organization formed to search for a repeatable and scalable business model (Ries, 2013). Using visual tools to design and simulate business models, in this workshop participants will learn how visual thinking and simplicity can help in the design of lean as well as effective ventures:
- What is Business models (building blocks)
- Visualize your business model: Lean canvas/Business model canvas
- Cases studies of effective business model design and BM driven innovation
1) Courses dates: Feb, 1 – Feb 21
2) Course duration: 3 Weeks
3) Course prices: $400 student – $750 – non-student
4) Pace of learning/commitment: SAP Learning System – At Your Pace.